Welcome to Carmel News Release page
‘Coming Home for Christmas’
Traffic switches to Northbound; work continues
Carmel Clay Historical Society
Date: November 27, 2018
Contact: Deb Gangstad (317)846-7117, firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Coming Home for Christmas’
Tickets available for Historical Society’s traditional Holiday Home Tour 2018, happening this weekend in Carmel
CARMEL, IN – The Carmel Clay Historical Society invites the public to join us for this year’s Holiday Home Tour. This annual tour is a walkable, self-guided tour of four traditional homes located in and near the Carmel Arts & Design District.
The holiday themed event, which mixes history with modern day style, has become a traditional favorite for Carmel residents and fans of beautiful homes and decorations from all parts of Indiana.
A VIP tour will take place on Friday, November 30, 6– 8pm, followed by a reception at the Indiana Design Center, where patrons will enjoy watching artists ply their trade to create beautiful works of art! Heavy hors d’oeuvres, wine, and beer will be served. On Saturday, December 1, patrons may tour the homes anytime between 11am – 5 pm. The final home tours will begin at 4:30.
Parking is available in any of the City of Carmel parking garages, including at Sophia Square, Main & Monon and the Midtown parking garage at Allied Solutions. Patrons can also park at Carmel Friends Church on West Main, or on available spots on city streets. All parking is free in Carmel.
All patrons must present a printed ticket at the Monon Depot (211 1st St. SW), the Children’s Art Gallery (40 W. Main St), or at any home on the tour. Tickets will be exchanged for the event program that will include the locations of the homes. Patrons can drive to homes, catch a shuttle bus, or the tour can be enjoyed on foot! There are surprises in each home this year. Don’t judge the book by the cover!
Friday night’s VIP tickets are $60, $65 (cash) at the door. Saturday’s presale tickets are $25 for CCHS members, $30 for non-members, or $35 (cash) at the door. Credit card purchases on the day of the events can be made at the Monon Depot (211 1st St. SW). Advance tickets available at carmelclayhistory.org or at the Monon Depot.
GUIDELINES FOR THE TOUR:
- Friday’s VIP tour is for adults only (21 years and older). On Saturday’s tour, children one and under are free, and well-behaved children are welcome with a full-priced ticket.
- Shoes must either be removed or covered prior entering homes.
- You will not be allowed in the homes with strollers, pets, or high heels. No photography is permitted in the homes.
- Homes on the tour will not accommodate wheelchairs or walkers, but they can be used at the VIP reception.
- Public restrooms are available throughout the Arts & Design District. The homes on the tour will not have restrooms available for ticket holders.
- This event is rain, shine, or snow.
- This is a fundraising event, and refunds will not be given. Unused tickets are transferable.
We look forward to seeing you at our 22nd annual holiday event as you support the Carmel Clay Historical Society’s largest annual fundraiser!
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.