Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Meet Me on Main returns on Saturday
City of Carmel
One Civic Square
Carmel, IN 46032
Date: April 10, 2019
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2494
Meet Me on Main returns on Saturday
Carmel, IN – Meet Me on Main returns Saturday, April 13th in the Carmel Arts & Design District. It will include all of your favorite components of the Second Saturday Gallery Walks including live music, face painting and caricatures, new exhibits and features in local art galleries and businesses staying open until 9 p.m.
The Art Lab invites you to come create your own washi tape succulent planters from 5 - 8:30 p.m. Succulents will be provided for the first 60 people. This event is free and no sign up is required. The make and take art project will be located in the breezeway near SubZero Ice Cream.
New to Meet Me on Main is a monthly drawing! Each month, three $100 gift cards to businesses in the Arts & Design District will be given away. To enter, visit participating galleries and businesses to fill out an entry form; only one can be filled out per location but the more businesses visited, the more you can increase your chances. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
Special gallery exhibits will be featured throughout Meet Me on Main including:
- Carmel Art on Main Gallery is presenting “Art for Autism” featuring colored pencil artist Sandi Hauanio and contemporary quilter Jen Broemel. The gallery will have sensory friendly hour from 5 - 6 p.m. for guests with special needs and a reception open to the public from 6 - 9 p.m. A portion of their proceeds will be donated to No Label at the Table and Family Voices Indiana. The night will also include a silent auction with works donated by local artists, some of whom are autistic. (111 W. Main St., #140)
- CCA Gallery celebrates the “Beauty of Spring” this month through the vibrant colors of two CCA Gallery members: Kelly Jenkins, fused glass jewelry and Robert Wallace, photographer. Kelly creates her original glass designs, cuts, polishes and mounts her beautiful work in sterling silver.Robert has an amazing eye for finding colorful images all over the world and captures these moments in vibrant, colorful photographs. (111 W. Main St., #135)
- All Things Carmel will host local author Rosaleen Crowley. She will be doing a reading and discussing art from her new book, “Point of Reflection” from 5:30 - 7 p.m. (110 W. Main St., #104)
- The Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery will feature two new fantastic exhibits; one exhibit showcases “pop” art from the students of Smoky Row Elementary School and the other exhibit features renderings of the Monon Depot at different times in its history. They will continue to exhibit artwork from all of the CCS middle schools and Carmel High School. (40 W. Main St.)
- Wanderlust Gallery is delighted to announce their featured artist, Ms. Irina Smulevitch, owner of Carmel Art Education Studio. (240 W. Main St.)
- Soori Gallery features paintings, bronze and acrylic sculptured works by leading American and international artists. Featured sculptors include Michael Wilkinson, Frederick Hart, Jerry Joslin and more. (33 E. Main St.)
- The CCPL Digital Media Lab will be open during Meet Me on Main and will have photographs from local photographer Larry Kane on display.Larry will also be there to answer any questions about his work. (23 E Main St.)
- The Carmel Clay Historical Society will be featuring Wild, Wild, Midwest: Indiana Train Heists of the 1800s starting on April 13th. (211 1st St. SW)
- The Evan Lurie Gallery will be featuring Phil Tennant, recently retired from Herron School of Art & Design where he established and chaired the Herron Furniture Design Department. Tennant’s series of “Throne Sculptures” incorporate the universal understanding of what the form represents. There is also work by curator Susan Brewer as well as other Indiana artists including Susan Tennant, Bryce Culverhouse, Jay Parnell, Tom Willey, Ginny Taylor Rosner, Jessica Springman-Handcock and Matthew Aaron. (30 W Main St.)
Activities taking place during Meet Me on Main include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs outside of All Things Carmel (110 W. Main St., #104).
- Free musical entertainment throughout the district. Sammi Lorena will play at The Olive Mill, Rosie Inman will perform at Evan Lurie Gallery and Dianna Davis will be at Magdalena Gallery.
- Free Make & Take Art Project with the Art Lab from 5 – 8:30 p.m. Art Lab invites you to come create your own washi tape succulent planters from 5 – 8:30 p.m. This event is free and no sign up is required. The make and take art project will be located in the breezeway near SubZero Ice Cream.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or on-street. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at District Parking Map.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.