Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Community Chip In at Meet Me on Main
City of Carmel
Carmel Arts & Design District
Date: July 10, 2019
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2494
Community Chip In at
Saturday’s Meet Me on Main event
Carmel, IN - Meet Me on Main returns Saturday, July 13th in the Carmel Arts & Design District and we are thrilled to welcome Nancy Keating of Mosaic Gardens and Carmel Art on Main Gallery and Gifts. She will be hosting a CHIP IN Community Mosaic in the breezeway near Sub Zero Ice Cream. You can start “chipping in” at 4 p.m.
Join us for this event that also will include all of your favorite components of the “gallery walks” including live music, face painting, caricatures, new exhibits and features in local art galleries and businesses staying open until 9 p.m.
The Meet Me on Main monthly drawing takes place once again! Each month, three $100 gift cards to businesses in the Arts & Design District will be given away. To enter, visit participating galleries and businesses to fill out an entry form; only one can be filled out per location, but the more businesses visited, the more you can increase your chances. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
Special gallery exhibits this month include:
- Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery will have delicious samples of chili sauce and bloody mary mix from Amazing Hazel’s and wine from Rettig-Hill Winery. Indiana Artisan Connie Moolenaar will demonstrate her basket-making technique, called “coiling.” Coiling incorporates the pine needles and nut and wood slices woven and stitched to make both functional and decorative work. (22 N. Range Line Rd.)
- Carmel Art on Main Gallery and Gifts will be featuring Randall Scott Harden’s Fields and Barns artwork showcasing Midwest landscapes. They will also be featuring art for the wine connoisseur in honor of the Art of Wine event on July 20th. This will include mosaic wine buckets, pottery wine holders, paintings of wine bottles and wine photography. (111 W. Main St., #140)
- CCA Gallery will be featuring work from Deb Achgill, Darryl Rice and Nancy Wozniak. Three unique artists ranging from colorful fused glass pieces to artwork made from words not lines. The artists will be available from 6 – 8 p.m. to discuss their inspiration, along with refreshments. (111 W. Main St., #135)
- The Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery is featuring a unique exhibit, completely organized by two Carmel High School students. It will be their summer art show, Everything You Can Imagine is Real. (40 W. Main St.)
- Soori Gallery features paintings, bronze and acrylic sculptured works by leading American and international artists. Featured sculptors include Michael Wilkinson, Frederick Hart, Jerry Joslin and more. (33 E. Main St.)
- A Good, Ol' Carmel Summertime: Northern Beach Nostalgia exhibit will have its opening to the public on Saturday, July 13, at Carmel Clay Historical Society. Visit the Monon Depot Museum for a glimpse of Carmel starting in the 1920's through the pictures of Northern Beach on East 116th Street near the White River. (211 1st St. SW)
- The Evan Lurie Gallery will be featuring art from Angela and Kris Gebhardt. The couple has studios in Bloomington, IN but has never exhibited in Indiana until now. Their art is monumental in scale with contemporary abstract and figurative expression. (30 W. Main St.)
- The Art Studio of Carmel will be featuring artwork by Cy Donnelly, Sandy Burke and Penny Roberson including painting and cards. (30 N. Range Line)
Activities taking place during Meet Me on Main include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs outside of All Things Carmel. (110 W. Main St., #104)
- Free musical entertainment throughout the district; Samantha Dietrich will play near the breezeway by Sophia Square, Emma Hedrick will perform near Magdalena Gallery, Dianna Davis will perform near Indiana Artisan and Kassey King will perform near Anthony’s Chophouse.
- CHIP IN Community Mosaic returns with Nancy Keating of Mosaic Gardens and Carmel Art on Main. Attendees can participate in a community mosaic tile project in the breezeway near Sub Zero Ice Cream. You can start “chipping in” at 4 p.m. (111 W. Main St.)
A map of the gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the
Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.),
Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW),
Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.)
The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded, District Parking Map.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.