Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Meet Me on Main This Weekend
City of Carmel
Carmel Arts & Design District
Date: January 10, 2019
Contact: Nancy Heck, (317) 571-2494
Carmel Caffeine Trail joins Meet Me on Main Jan. 11th
Featuring sweet insights by Carmel Chocolate Café
Carmel, IN – Start 2020 off in a fun way by joining us for Meet Me on Main this Saturday, January 10, featuring live music, face painting, caricatures, new exhibits in local art galleries and businesses staying open until 9 p.m.
Join the Art Lab for our winter watercolor snowflake make and take art project from 5 – 8:30 p.m., located at 110 W. Main St., Suite 125, next to Highgarden Real Estate.
The Carmel Caffeine Trail will be joining Meet Me on Main with special help from the Carmel Chocolate Café. There will be hourly demos at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. to get the sweet insight on their chocolatey delights. Learn about pairings between the coffee and chocolate varieties as well as fun facts such as, which chocolate has the most caffeine? At the end of each session, someone will win a gift basket filled with a gift card, coffee, chocolate, coffee mugs and much more!
Meet Me on Main monthly drawing takes place once again! Each month, three $100 gift cards to businesses in the Arts & Design District will be given away. To enter, visit participating galleries and businesses to fill out an entry form; only one can be filled out per location but the more businesses visited, the more you can increase your chances. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
Special gallery exhibits featured throughout Meet Me on Main include:
- Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery has a vast range of delicious treats to beautiful unique gifts. From woodwork bowls to wine accessories to greeting cards, there is always something new. Get a jump start on Valentine’s Day and pick up one of their tasty treats, such as their Chocolate Sea Salt Turtles. (22 N. Range Line Rd.)
- All Things Carmel On a cold wintry day - The All Things Carmel store will feature free samples of Java House hot chocolate along with home-baked hot chocolate cupcakes, while you shop the store for after-Christmas sales, such as 15 percent off hats, gloves and scarves (CHS items excluded)! (110 W Main St., #104)
- The Evan Lurie Gallery will be presenting new work by Gallery Director Susan Brewer. She has a collection of works in the large format that she is known for as an abstract expressionist artist plus smaller works just as expressive that are only 6” x 6”. The Evan Lurie Gallery will be exhibiting new work by Indianapolis based artists Cagney King and Taylor Smith. The gallery also has guitars by Tim “Tree Boy” Bush that are Blue Tooth ready to connect and amplify music through speakers in the guitar sculptures. (30 W. Main St.)
- Carmel Art on Main Gallery is featuring “Affinity for Color” by Monica Sage and “Abstract Imagination” by Chuck Horsman. From vibrant and colorful acrylics to impressionism, there is something for everyone. (111 W. Main St., #140)
- CCA Gallery is featuring their annual Famous Indoor Sidewalk Sale! This once a year sale features treasures and one-of-a-kind masterpieces from CCA artists with marked-down prices. Be sure to visit CCA January 3 - 28. (111 W. Main St., #135)
- The Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery will showcase a fabulous winter wonderland that was created by the students of West Clay Elementary and they will have all the 1st place winning art from the Carmel International Arts Festival’s High School Art Contest. Also the continuing exhibits from CHS and all 3 middle schools. (40 W. Main St.)
- The Olive Mill is featuring their olive oil, balsamic, olives, serving pieces, salts and spices. Perfect for holiday gifts or stocking stuffers. (10 S. Range Line Road)
Activities taking place during Meet Me on Main include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs inside of 110 W. Main St., Suite 125, near Highgarden Real Estate (110 W. Main St., #104).
- Free musical entertainment throughout the district. Kassie King will play inside Indiana Artisan, Dianna Loena will perform inside The Olive Mill and Molly Jones will perform inside Magdalena Gallery.
- Make and Take Art Project will be located at 110 W. Main St., Suite 125 next to Highgarden Real Estate from 5 – 8:30 p.m.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the
Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.),
Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW),
Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.)
The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded, District Parking Map.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.