Welcome to our website, to learn more about the city of Carmel--one of the fastest growing cities in Indiana. Located just north of Indianapolis in Hamilton County, Carmel is a dynamic edge city with award-winning schools, thriving businesses and family-oriented neighborhoods. The city is committed to preserving its vitality through controlled expansion and prudent planning.
The City of Carmel has been recognized with numerous awards and ratings for its programs and services.
- Carmel voted #1in American's Best Places to Live by Money magazine (2012)
- CNBC voted Indianapolis/Carmel ”Best Cities to Relocate to in America”
- Carmel Utilities received water quality awards from the Indiana Department of Health.
- City’s annual Arbor Day program won International Society of Arborculture’s highest award – the Gold Leaf Award.
- The Keystone Parkway project received an Engineering Excellence Award from the American Council of Engineering Excellence.
- The U.S. Conference of Mayors awarded the “Climate Protection Award” to Carmel for its roundabout program and other environmental initiatives.
- The League of American Bicyclists designated Carmel a Bicycle Friendly Community at the bronze level — an award presented to communities with remarkable commitments to bicycling.
- Link to PDF of Urban Forestry awards and grants
We continue to build strong ties locally, nationally and internationally through involvement in organizations such as: