- Solicits ideas and selects items of interest for content
- Writes or coordinates writing of articles
- Coordinates layout and design
- Edits publications for final production
- Photographs events or other items for use in publication
- Manages details of printing and mailing
- Distributes to current and potential residents as well as businesses
The Department manages the production of several publications for anyone who is seeking information about the City of Carmel including current and potential residents as well as businesses. These resources include:
- Economic Development Brochure
- Arts & Design District Brochure
- Roundabout Brochure
- Relocation Package - Developed for people considering a move to Carmel. Includes Visitors Guide and information from Carmel Clay Schools, Carmel Clay Public Library and other areas of interest in the City.
- Economic Development Package- Developed for businesses and corporations considering a move to Carmel. Includes Economic Development brochure and relevant media coverage about specific projects and events.
- Roundabout Package includes information about roundabout interchanges in Carmel (current and proposed). It includes Carmel’s “All About Roundabouts” video, information about the CarmelLink project and statistics from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Creates speeches and presentations for use by Mayor and other City of Carmel employees
- Assists Department Directors and Elected Officials when speaking before groups of citizens
- Helps develop and deliver a consistent message
- Produces PowerPoint presentations, mounted maps and charts, and other materials to accompany presentations
- Responsible for setup of technical equipment and internet access