The Division of Planning and Zoning facilitates the City’s growth and development, with responsibilities ranging from long-range planning, administration and upkeep of the Carmel Clay Comprehensive Plan (C3 Plan), and management of special projects, such as population projections, or land use analysis.
Planning and Zoning provides staff support to the Plan Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, attending public meeting and through administration of the adopted development review process. Planning and Zoning staff conduct the review and approval of sign permits and temporary use permits. The City’s Urban Forestry program is administered by the Planning and Zoning Division, including planting/maintenance of street trees; supporting the activities of the Carmel Urban Forestry Committee, and administration of parkway maintenance services.
- Carmel/Clay Comprehensive Plan
- Land Use Regulations
- Zoning Maps (Carmel GIS On-line)
- Carmel Plan Commission (CPC) (including Plan Commission Committees)
- Carmel Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA)
- Carmel Technical Advisory Committee Members (TAC)
- Planning & Zoning Staff
- Building Codes & Ordinances
- Applications & Fees
- Carmel Clay Planning Maps
- Carmel Urban Design Initiative