Many property owners have questions about whose responsibility it is to maintain trees on city property, their or their neighbors’ property. Many of these frequently asked questions answer many of these concerns. For other questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Much of Carmel’s beauty is derived from street trees. Carmel has been recognized as a Tree City USA for many years because we are dedicated to preserving and increasing the number of tress in our community. A big part of this initiative has been our street tree program. Please see the links below for information on the urban forestry committee and our street tree program.
- Carmel Urban Forestry Committee, How You Can Help Carmel’s Street Trees
Call before you dig! The first step of the planting process should be to call Holey Moley
(Indiana Underground Plant Protection Service) 811 or (800) 382-5544
- Tree detail - helpful planting diagram
- Evergreen detail - helpful planting diagram
- Shrub detail - helpful planting diagram
- Wire Basket Removal and Tree Staking Process
- Tree Planting Procedures
- Proper Tree Planting
- Street Tree Planting Specifications
- Benefits of Trees
- How to Mulch Trees Standards
- Irrigation Recommendations (for New Development)
- Pruning Calendar
- What is Topping
Urban Forester in the News
The City of Carmel was featured in the Society of Municipal Arborists’ magazine ‘City Trees’.
Carmel’s Urban Forester wrote the article highlighting Carmel’s newly accredited and award winning forestry program.
Carmel Street Tree Inventory Data
29,235 trees inventoried, inventory found 156 species representing 71 genera.