All applicant fingerprints must be scheduled through L1 Identity Solutions.
The police department will no longer provide inked fingerprints.
The following fees are in compliance with all Carmel City Ordinances and all Indiana State Codes.
|Handgun Permit Fees||Local Fee
(We accept certified check or money order made out to the City of Carmel Police Department or Major credits cards or debit cards.)
|4 Year License||$10.00||$30.00|
|Lifetime currently in possession of a valid Indiana Handgun license||$40.00||$60.00|
|Lifetime NOT currently in possession of a valid Indiana Handgun license
**If you currently have a handgun license that is EXPIRED,
You DO NOT have a valid license and the higher fees are applicable!**
Applying for a Gun Permit
The Indiana Firearms Permit application is now ONLY available online. To access the application go to:
In order to complete the online application, you must provide an email address and password, please make sure to record your application number, you will need this to check the status of your application.
You must contact Becky Feltz before coming to the police department
to complete your paperwork application.
(Appointments are available M - F, 8am - 12pm & 2pm - 4pm)
- To schedule your appointment by phone call (317) 571-2500, if prompted please leave a message and include the spelling of your first and last name, and a valid contact number.
- To schedule your appointment by email: send correspondence to email@example.com and include the date and time you would like to come in and your first and last name.
- Payment for the correct amount of your local fee (see fee schedule above). We accept all major Credit Cards as well as Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks. (We do not accept cash or personal checks)
- Your driver’s license or photo ID with your current address. (Used to verify jurisdiction)
- You will need to bring the receipt provided by L-1 Solutions (IdetoGO) at the time of your fingerprinting.
You may contact MorphoTrust USA (formally L-1 solutions) to schedule your appointment online at IdentoGO.com or by phone at (877) 472-6917.