**Please note that the City of Carmel will be updating our electronic plan review software, ProjectDox, to a newer version.
The update will begin on the evening of February 19th.
The system will be unavailable during this time and will be back up and running on the morning of February 24th.**
DOCS is now paperless and only accepts plans to review electronically. ProjectDox is the City’s software that allows staff to review plans online. This software is a part of the Building Permit process as well as the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA), Plan Commission, and Sign Permit process. If you have questions about these application processes, please see the links below.
- Submit an application to the appropriate DOCS staff via email (see Permit Application or User Guides below)
- Wait to receive email from email@example.com with Invitation to ProjectDox and a login for the online portal
- Upload plans into system and complete your Task in ProjectDox
- DOCS will send out plans for review via ProjectDox to other departments/agencies using the system.
- Please note that not all agencies are using ProjectDox and some still require paper plans.
- Please see the TAC Members List for a directory of who is using ProjectDox (ePlans).
ONLINE PORTAL: PROJECTDOX LOGIN
We want to help you be successful when using this system, so the following guides are here to help you through our electronic application and plan review process.