Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Registration Application for Public Event
Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) are prohibited in the City of Carmel at public events unless registered with the Carmel Police Department. Operating a UAS without an approved registration can result in fines up to $500.
Before submitting your application, you will need the following information:
FAA Registration Certificate
- 107 or 333 Exemption Cover Page
- Certificate of Liability insurance
- Written authorization by the owner of the private space or public space in which the public event is being held
- Operator’s Certificate of Waiver or Authorization and Transportation Security Administration Security of Waiver (if applicable)
- Any additional waivers required
For questions regarding this process, please contact Lt Tim Byrne at 317-571-2540.
To begin the registration process, click on the link below.