City of Carmel Wastewater Assistant Plant
Manager Teresa Lewis
accepting the Indiana Water
Environment Association Outstanding Laboratory Award for 2012.
- Community Achievement Award for the Household Hazardous Waste Program from the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns.
- EPA award for outstanding wastewater treatment plant operation.
- Water Fluoridation Quality Award to Carmel Water by the Center of Disease Control (multiple years).
- American Council of Engineering Co.’s of Indiana Engineering Excellence Award (2006)
- Governors Award for Environmental Excellence for Pollution Prevention for the UV wastewater disinfection. (2008)
- Carmel designated a Green Community by the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (2008)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Laboratory Award, (2001 through 2012)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant process named as a best practice by the National League of Cities (2008)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Device Award- Biosolids Bagger (2010)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Residual Committee Biosolids Award –Carmel Green. (2010)
- Hoosier Water Guardian Award “With Distinction” (2009-2013)
- Groundwater Foundation’s Groundwater Guardian Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Indiana Water
Environment Association 20 Year Award - Teresa Lewis, Carmel
- Philo Award
Professional Video Category First
Place winner - Carmel Wastewater Plant, Headworks Building (2012)