Carmel Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center
901 N. Range Line Road
Carmel, IN 46032
Carmel Household Hazardous Waste hires outside contractors to dispose of/recycle materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
Where are we?
Click here to go to a map to help you find us
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to Noon
- Closed Sunday & Monday
- Also closed on all city government holidays
HHW SITE CLOSINGS FOR the remainder of 2016
Friday November 11, 2016 Veteran’s Day
Thursday, Friday, Saturday November 24,25 & 26, 2016 Thanksgiving
Friday, Saturday December 23 & 24, 2016 Christmas
Saturday December 31, 2016 New Year’s
HHW SITE CLOSINGS FOR 2017
Saturday April 22, 2017 Carmel Marathon
Saturday May 27, 2017 Memorial Day
Tuesday July 4, 2017 Independence Day
Saturday September 2, 2017 Labor Day
Friday November 10, 2017 Veteran’s Day
Thursday, Friday, Saturday November 23,24 & 25, 2017 Thanksgiving
Saturday & Tuesday December 23 & 26, 2017 Christmas
The Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Site is available only to Carmel Utilities residential customers only. Businesses and non-Carmel Utilities customers are not eligible. A driver’s license or utilities bill statement will be required at the time of disposal.
Many Household Hazardous Waste materials come from cleaning and bug control. To learn about chemical alternatives please visit our Substitutions for Hazardous Household Products video page.
Items Accepted for Household Hazardous Waste Disposal:
Items NOT Accepted
- Commercial Waste
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Polychlorinated Biphenyl’s (PCB’s)
- Asphault/Fiberglass Roofing Shingles
- Electronics (TVs, Computer Monitors etc.)
How to Bring Materials to our Collection Site:
- Do not mix materials
- Bring all materials in the original container if possible.
- If not in original labeled container, please label container used.
- Tighten lids on all containers.
- If containers are leaking, pack in larger containers
Disposal of Medical Items