||Division Commander: Major Dwight Frost
Phone: (317) 571-2500
HCDTF TIP Line: 317-571-2545 - Callers May Remain Anonymous
The Special Investigations Division of the Carmel Police Department is home to the Hamilton/Boone County Drug Task Force. The Task Force began in 1990 and focuses on drug use and trafficking problems in the Hamilton/Boone County areas. Participating agencies include the Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville and Zionsville Police Departments along with the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office.
The Hamilton/Boone County Drug Task Force often receives drug tip information from citizens contacting their own law enforcement agency.
- Carmel Police Department: (317) 571-2545
- Fishers Police Department: (317) 595-3300
- Hamilton County Sheriffs Department: (317) 776-6340
- Zionsville Police Department: (317) 873-5967
- Lebanon Police Department: (765) 482-8836
- Hamilton County Prosecutor: (317) 776-8595
- Boone County Prosecutor: (765) 483-5712
The Special Investigations Division has also assigned a Detective to work with the Metropolitan Drug Task Force in Indianapolis to assist in drug investigations occurring in Hamilton and Marion counties.
The mission of the Hamilton/Boone County Drug Task Force is simple:
- To identify and arrest individuals or members of organizations that are selling, delivering or storing illegal drugs and/or weapons in the Hamilton and Boone County areas.
- To identify property and assets acquired with the proceeds of the sale, delivery or storage of illegal drugs and/or weapons and submit these items for forfeiture.
- Identify out of state sources of illegal drugs and/or weapons and share this information with the appropriate law enforcement agency in that area.
The Hamilton /Boone County Drug Task Force continues to concentrate on its mission statement and quality of life issues for its neighborhoods. In 2007, the Task Force investigated numerous cases resulting in the removal of illegal drugs with a street value in excess of $2 million dollars and asset forfeitures of nearly $400,000.00.
The Special Investigations Division is also responsible for Intelligence, Vice Crimes and Dignitary Protection. The SID has also assigned a Detective oon a full-time basis to the Joint Terrorism Task Force. The Joint Terrorism Task Force is located at and directed by the FBI - Indianapolis. The SID Detective is assigned to assist in the investigation of domestic international cases.