Mayor Brainard has been featured in a number of local, national and international media outlets as an educator and advocate. Here are a few of his interviews:
Mayor Brainard being interviewed by CNN World News Anchor John King
- Danbury Connecticut NewsTimes.com - reposted article from The Indianapolis Star (3-30-13) - Carmel Arts Venue Houses Hidden Treasures
- Indianapolis Monthly article (4-2-13) - Brave New Burbs: Indy’s Outlying Areas Are Booming
WIBC (3-4-13) – Carmel Auto-Dealer Financing Firm to Double its Workforce
- Carmel Mayor Jim
Brainard joined Governor Mike Pence, NextGear Capital’s president Brian Geitner
and Manheim president Sandy Schwartz in announcing the expansion of NextGear in
Carmel. click here
- Indianapolis Business Journal (3-4-13) – Baldwin & Lyons
plans to move its headquarter to Carmel. The company plans to add 133 jobs over
the next five years to its current workforce of 350.
- U.S. Conference of Mayors 01-2013 -- Mayor Jim Brainard was quoted in this article about "local
warming" while at the U.S. Conference of Mayors meeting this week in Washington
D.C. click here
- Money Magazine – Best Places to Live 2012 (9/20/12) - Carmel, Indiana was ranked as the number one best place to live in America for cities with a population of 50,000 – 300,000 by Money Magazine. They selected communities based on a combination of strong job opportunities, the variety of leisure and cultural activities available, great schools, low crime and quality health care. (see Money Magazine layout PDF)
- Indianapolis Star – Carmel has major plans for 2013 – (12/26/12) – This article is about what Mayor Jim Brainard has planned for Carmel in 2013 including new buildings, roundabouts and a pedestrian path. Another main focus in 2013 is to bring more jobs to Carmel. (see some of the Mayors 2013 plans for Carmel)
- U.S. MAYOR – 12/3/12 – The Official Publication of The US Conference of Mayor’s mentions Mayor Jim Brainard’s feature on the cover of the USA Today (pg 11).
- U.S. News & World Report Weekly – This Week in Washington: Heading Over the Cliff – 12/28/12 – Mayor Jim Brainard is quoted on page 3 paragraph 6.
- USA Today - More Small Towns Thinking Big - (10-18-12) by Haya El Nasser - Article about smaller cities that are becoming more cosmopolitan through redevelopment efforts. El Nasser traveled to Carmel recently to experience our community first hand. See the link below to read the article.
- Smart Growth America - Smart Growth Stories: Local Planning for Global Competitivenessin Carmel, IN - (9-19-12) by Nicholas Chang - The article focuses on how the built environment and thoughtful smart growth planning can attract the best and brightest and stimulate economic development.
- US Mayor: 'We have a lot to learn from Europe' Deutsche Welle US mayor: 'We have a lot to learn from Europe'. The city of Carmel in the US state of Indiana has been named the best place to live in America among smaller cities. DW spoke to Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard, who's always looked to Europe for inspiration.
- The Keating Report – (7-10-12) Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard quotes regarding Carmel’s reduced traffic management costs and traffic accidents due to the placement of over 60 roundabouts
- Wall Street Journal “Cities Outpace Suburbs in Growth” – (6-28-12)see chart in online article showing that Carmel is outgrowing Indianapolis, making it one of a few suburbs growing faster than their larger city neighbor.
- New York Times - (6-16-12) - Orlando. FLA - Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard quoted regarding actions taken by mayors to make economic progress in their cities.
- CINewsNow.com - What's to come by going round and round -(5-30-12) - Peoria, Illinois - Elected leaders and other involved citizens from Peoria, Illinois visited Mayor Brainard and Carmel, Indiana to learn more about roundabouts and traditional neighborhood developments.
- PJStar.com - East Peoria, Peoria take roundabout way to roads - (2-25-12) Mayor Brainard interviewed about roundabouts in the online Peoria Journal.
- NEW PUBLICATION SHINES SPOTLIGHT ON CARMEL A newly-released coffee table style book, Carmel ‘round about right, chronicles this city’s incredible tale of growth and development with vivid text and vibrant photography. Please click here for details.
- Fox & Friends (1-23-12) Mayor Jim Brainard was interviewed on this national morning show segment titled "Cities Still Struggling to Recover" regarding what our federal legislators needs to do to help local economies recover.
- New York Times (1-18-12) “Few Cities Have Regained Jobs They Lost, Report Finds,” by Michael Cooper. View here as .pdf - PDF of Article
- The Economist (11-19-11) reporter Natasha Loder traveled to Carmel to meet with Mayor Brainard and experience roundabouts first hand.
- CNN: February 6, 2009 Press Release - February 9, 2009 - Mayor Brainard interviewed on CNN