Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Meet Me on Main Returns
City of Carmel
Carmel Arts & Design District
Date: November 8, 2019
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2494
Meet Me on Main returns November 9th
Thanksgiving make and take projects featuring clay turkey pots
Carmel, IN – Meet Me on Main returns Saturday, in the Carmel Arts & Design District, featuring live music, face painting and caricatures, new exhibits and features in local art galleries and businesses staying open until 9 p.m.
Join the Art Lab for our Thanksgiving themed make and take art project from 5 – 8:30 p.m. at 110 W. Main St., Suite 125, next to Highgarden Real Estate.
Meet Me on Main monthly drawing takes place once again! Each month, three $100 gift cards to businesses in the Arts & Design District will be given away. To enter, visit participating galleries and businesses to fill out an entry form; only one can be filled out per location but the more businesses visited, the more you can increase your chances. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
Special gallery exhibits will be featured throughout Meet Me on Main including:
- Find out “how she does that” at Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery, where glass artist Anna Lee Chalos-McAleese will demonstrate how she makes patterns on the surfaces of fused glass, adds clear glass to create depth to designs and how glass reacts to different temperatures in the kiln to achieve various outcomes with artwork. In addition to her fascinating demonstration, enjoy the work of mixed media artist Susan Kline. (22 N. Range Line Rd.)
- All Things Carmel is set up for holiday shopping with great stocking stuffers such as wine tumblers and new roundabout sweatshirts to enjoy the brisk fall weather. There will be seasonal wine and cheese tasting as you shop. (110 W Main St., #104)
- Classic Realist Brad Fields is the featured artist at Carmel Art on Main Gallery, showing over 30 original watercolors and graphite drawings, many of which have won awards in juried shows throughout Indiana. (111 W. Main St., #140)
- CCA Gallery will feature paintings from Melinda Spear-Huff and fine wood by Kent Susott. (111 W. Main St., #135)
- The Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery will showcase an all-school art exhibit from the Towne Meadow Elementary students entitled Making Faces. This exhibit will feature 11 ground-breaking student-created portraits which were inspired by the great masters of art including The Girl with the Pearl Earrings by Johannes Vermeer and the Mona Lisa by Leonardo DaVinci. (40 W. Main St.)
- Magdalena Gallery will be featuring the last pieces of Tom H. Towhey and a preview of the collectible Santa Faces. These are oil on canvas pictures from Barbara Kennedy for $65 each. (27 E. Main St.)
- The Carmel Clay Historical Society will continue to feature their exhibit “Rockin’ On: The Histories of Carmel High School’s WHJE and CHTV”. There will be artifacts, music and CD’s of reel-to-reel tapes from days past. Come to learn how our little high school station started in 1963 and grew to be a launching pad for nationally syndicated radio and television personalities. (211 1st St. SW)
- The Evan Lurie Gallery will be presenting new work by Mexican artist Francisco Valverde. His work utilizes powerful lines of direction with mysterious forms and suggestive backgrounds that creates a depth to his story through vibrant colors. (30 W. Main St.)
- Peace Water Winery will be featuring Regina Bunting’s artwork, which is full of vibrant colors reflecting the beauty of Bunting’s homeland, the Philippines. (37 W. Main St.)
Activities taking place during Meet Me on Main include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs inside of 110 W. Main St., Suite 125, near Highgarden Real Estate (110 W. Main St., #104).
- Free musical entertainment throughout the district. Rosie Inman will play inside Indiana Artisan, Sammi Lorena will perform inside The Olive Mill and Circle City Steel will perform inside The Carmel Historical Society.
- Make and Take Art Project will be located at 110 W. Main St., Suite 125 next to Highgarden Real Estate from 5 – 8:30 p.m.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the
Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.),
Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW),
Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.)
The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded, District Parking Map.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.