Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Golf Courses to Reopen
City of Carmel
One Civic Square
Carmel, IN 46032
Date: March 27, 2020
Contact: Nancy Heck, (317) 571-2494
Carmel Golf Courses to Reopen Under Strict Guidelines
Carmel, IN – After consulting with medical experts and receiving assurances of compliancewith the new guidelines from all golf courses in Carmel, Mayor Jim Brainard has announced that they will reopen. A copy of the mayor’s new Executive Order 2020-05 is attached.
“Fresh air and recreation are even more important to us at this time of social distancing, but viewing social media posts where our social distancing restrictions were clearly being violated made it clear yesterday that action must be taken. I spent several hours discussing new guidelines and recommendations that would better ensure a healthier environment for play. I am pleased that we were able to find a way to allow golf courses to open with several adjustments. If we see further violations, we will revisit the closings again,” said Mayor Brainard.
Courses that are open have agreed to the following protocols:
- Golf Shop, Clubhouse and all restrooms must be closed
- Take out service only with no entry into clubhouse by members
- Walking only; No riding carts or push carts unless they are privately owned
- No rakes in bunkers
- Driving range closed
- On course restrooms closed
- No tee markers on golf course
- No water coolers
- No flagsticks
- Staff cannot assist with handling bags/clubs
- Holes must be filled so players don’t reach into hole for ball
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.