Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Shop Healthy Carmel
City of Carmel
One Civic Square
Carmel, IN 46032
Date: June 10, 2020
Contact: Nancy Heck, 317-571-2494
Shop Healthy Carmel
Carmel urges small businesses to ‘Take the Pledge’ and promote good health with precautions to stop spread of germs
Carmel, IN – The City of Carmel is launching a new initiative to help keep the community safe from the spread of germs, asking local businesses, restaurants and retailers to sign on and “Take the Pledge” to implement a number of precautions designed to protect both employees and customers.
Among the measures: Wearing face masks, requiring frequent handwashing, providing hand sanitizers and practicing proper physical distancing. Businesses who take this pledge will receive a window cling that can be displayed to assure customers of all the steps you have taken to ensure their health and the health of their employees. In addition, the City will post a list of businesses on its COVID-19 information page who have agreed to sign on to the pledge.
“As we begin to reconnect as a community and the summer weather kicks in, it is important that we remain diligent about stopping the spread of the COVID-19 virus in hopes of avoiding a resurgence of this potentially deadly disease,” said Mayor Jim Brainard. “This pledge will show that our local business community cares about the health and well-being of our community and our visitors who come to patronize our shops and restaurants.”
Below are the pledges that businesses are being asked to take:
- Require employees to wear a mask/face covering per CDC guidelines
- Require all guests over the age of 4 years to wear a mask/face covering; Masks will be made available for customers who do now have their own
- Require frequent handwashing for all employees with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; If soap and water are not available, I will provide at least a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer per CDC guidelines
- Provide hand sanitation for all customers
- Require workers with a fever or flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Practice physical distancing
- Follow Hamilton County and CDC guidelines for commercial, retail and restaurants
- Provide contactless pay
- Provide general COVID-19 awareness training for all employees
Businesses interested in taking this pledge should click here.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.