The Community Relations and Economic Development Department was established under Mayor Jim Brainard to manage and facilitate the public communications and Economic Development of the City of Carmel, Indiana. City employees work hard each day to ensure that Carmel is the best place to live, work, and raise a family. Creating a strong sense of community is a large part of the quality of life experienced each day by our residents and businesses.
Feeling a part of a community includes knowing what is going on, what events, programs and services are available and what upcoming projects are being planned or discussed. It is the responsibility of the Department to make sure that these messages get out to the community in many different ways.
Publication Shines Spotlight on Carmel
A coffee-table style book, Carmel ‘round about right, chronicles this city’s incredible tale of growth and development with vivid text and vibrant photography.
The Community Relations and Economic Development Department's activities include:
- Carmel Community Calendar
- Carmel Neighborhood Association Network
- Carmel Small Business Network
- Economic Development
- Media & News from City Hall
- Programming Carmel’s local government access cable television station, Channel 16, on the Bright House network.
- Carmel Sister Cities
- Coordinating promotional and educational video production.
- Publishing of the City’s informational materials.
- Serving as Carmel’s liaison to the media by responding to inquiries, issuing news releases, and setting up news conferences and media events.
- Special event planning and execution.
- Working in cooperation with other city departments and community groups on various special projects and promotional activities.
For a more detailed explanation of responsibilities and activities within the Community Relations and Economic Development Department please click here.