Small Cells

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Permitting Small Cells in Carmel

Wireless communications providers or other operators of wireless communications equipment must apply for a permit to construct, substantially modify, locate or co-locate a new small cell facility or wireless support structure within City of Carmel dedicated Rights-of-Way.

To submit a small cell application, click this link and log in to the City’s permit portal.

Prior to permit issuance, all applications for placement of small cell facilities must receive Board of Public Works and Safety approval of a waiver from Carmel’s Underground and Buried Utility District requirements. The Board of Public Works and Safety meets the first and third Wednesday of each month. Applications seeking waiver approval are available to the public upon request.

Map of Proposed Small Cells

Neighborhood or Homeowners Associations may register to be notified by US Mail of any application for construction or placement of Small Cell facilities on new utility poles or support structures within the Association’s jurisdiction. To register, please email the Association’s mailing address and contact information to

Applications or other inquiries regarding Small Cells can be submitted to:

Caleb Warner,
Engineering Administrator
(317) 571-2441

To learn more about the requirements for small cell facilities
read the Indiana General Assembly Senate Bill 213.