The goal of the Information Systems Department is to provide all aspects of technology and networking support to every department within the City as they in turn accomplish their missions in supplying services to the citizens of Carmel.
To achieve this goal, IS does the following:
- Provides 24/7 on-call coverage for all technology issues
- Monitors the systems and network in an effort to be proactive when issues occur
- Prioritizes and assigns requests to the Help Desk in an effort to keep Carmel employees productive
- Maximizes the value of budget dollars spent on the technology infrastructure
- Maintains technology standards across the entire Carmel enterprise
- Monitors IS processes in an effort to increase productivity and decrease costs