Governors Award for Environmental Excellence
Pictured Left to Right: Tom Easterly, Commissioner IDEM; Mayor Jim Brainard;
Sue Maki, Carmel Utilities; Governor Mike Pence; Rick Bossingham, Asst. Commissioner IDEM
- Indiana Geographic Information Council - Excellence in GIS for Large Community 2017
- EPA WaterSense Excellence Award 2016
- Indiana Water Environment Association Biosolids Award (2016)
- Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence-Recycling (2014)
- Groundwater Foundation’s Groundwater Guardian Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Carmel Chamber of Commerce Green Award-Recycling (2013)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Laboratory Award, (2001 through 2017)
- Philo Award Professional Video Category First Place winner - Carmel Wastewater Plant, Headworks Building (2012)
- Carmel designated a Green Community by the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (2008 & 2013)
- Hoosier Water Guardian Award “With Distinction” (2009-2015)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Device Award-Biosolids Bagger (2010)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Residual Committee Biosolids Award –Carmel Green. (2010)
- Water Fluoridation Quality Award to Carmel Water by the Center of Disease Control (multiple years).
- Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence for Pollution Prevention for the UV wastewater disinfection. (2008)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant process named as a best practice by the National League of Cities (2008)
- American Council of Engineering Co.’s of Indiana Engineering Excellence Award (2006)
- Community Achievement Award for the Household Hazardous Waste Program from the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns.
- EPA award for outstanding wastewater treatment plant operation.
Utilities Employee Awards
Carmel Lab Excellence Award
Pictured Left to Right: Frank Grannan, Tara Washington, Robbie Kinkead
Water Environment Federation Tumblebug Award - Tara Washington (2017)
Water Environment Federation Lab Analyst Award - Tara Washington (2016)
Indiana American Water Works Association Central District Service Recognition - Jaimie Foreman, 5 years.
American Water Works Association Reggie Baker Award - Jaimie Foreman (2013)
Indiana Water Environment Association 20 Year Award - Teresa Lewis (2012)