DOCS is now paperless and only accepts plans to review electronically. ProjectDox is the City’s software that allows staff to review plans online. This software is a part of the Building Permit process as well as the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA), Plan Commission, and Sign Permit process. If you have questions about these application processes, please see the links below.
- Submit an application via the Cityworks online Public Portal (see Permit Application or User Guides below).
- Wait to receive email from "DoNotReplyCarmelIN@avolvesoftware.com" with Invitation to ProjectDox and a login for the online portal.
- Upload plans into system and complete your Task in ProjectDox.
- DOCS will send out plans for review via ProjectDox to other departments/agencies using the system.
- Please note that not all agencies are using ProjectDox and some still require paper plans.
- Please see the TAC Members List for a directory of who is using ProjectDox (ePlans).
We want to help you be successful when using this system, so the following guides are here to help you through our electronic application and plan review process.