Due to the significant increase in positive Covid-19 cases in Central Indiana, the offices at Carmel City Hall, including the Clerk’s office, are closed until further notice.
All Carmel City Court cases have been rescheduled.
Please contact the Clerk’s office by phone to get your new court dates, or for questions regarding your ticket or case. The Clerk’s phone (317-571-2440) will be answered between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, during this closure. If you get a message that all representatives are busy, please continue to hold. Your call will be answered in the order received.
If you wish to pay a traffic ticket, go to GovPayNow.com or call 1-888-604-7888.
Location Code (PLC#) - 5988
***Court Relocation Notice***
Carmel City Court is relocating out of Carmel City Hall, with an estimated open date in early December, 2020. The Court Clerk will also have a payment window at the new location, opening at a later date in December.
The new address for Court business will be:
Carmel City Clerk
481 Gradle Drive
Carmel, IN 46032
The Court Clerk’s telephone number will remain 317-571-2440. If you wish to bring or mail payment for a traffic ticket, please call this number first to confirm whether your payment should be delivered to the new address.
Sue Wolfgang, Carmel City Clerk
Clerk of Carmel Court Business
Clerk of Carmel City Business
The responsibilities of the Clerk of the City include the following:
- Manages city records;
- Maintains and updates the city’s LaserFiche™ web link which provides primary public access to records of Carmel’s Boards, Commission and Departments;
- Serves as the Clerk to the City Council and Board of Public Works and Safety. This includes, but is not limited to, public notification of all meetings, preparing agendas, transmitting paperless packets, recording meeting proceedings and maintaining custody of city records;
- Provides the service of Public Notaries at no charge.
- Serves as the Clerk of Carmel City Court. This incudes, but is not limited to, overseeing daily operation of the court office, balancing and reconciling daily receipts for deposit, preparing periodic reports detailing court collections and disbursements and preparing court expenditure and revenue reports for the Indiana State Court Administrator;
- Collects and processes payments for court fines and costs;
- Assists the general public regarding payment of court fines and costs.
Most public records are available on the City’s website or through LaserFiche (link provided below). If you cannot find what you are looking for, please feel free to complete a Request for Public Records and submit the request to the City Clerk’s office, either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or postal mail (1 Civic Square, Carmel, IN 46032).
There are several employees within the department that are Public Notaries who are available to the public at no charge.
LaserFiche™ is a searchable database of public records maintained by the Clerk of the City's office. It is available to any citizen who is interested in researching any transaction, ordinance or other legal document involving the city, dating back as far as the 1890's. Every new document is scanned and uploaded upon execution. LaserFiche™ was implemented in 2000. It is not a perfect system. If it is overloaded, browsers will receive cryptic error messages and should try again later. Due to the enormous volume of information, it also takes a while to get the hang of where to look for documents and it is helpful to have a docket number when searching for ordinances and a parcel number when searching for real estate information.